It's Not (just) About the Money

It's Not (just) About the Money is a dynamic coaching program. Our passion is to help you live from your heart; to thrive and live abundantly!

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Unexpected Gift

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing seems to work right? My guess is that you have. Fridays are normally the day I take time to write articles for this ezine. Last Friday my computer wouldn’t work and today it’s still not working. (I am writing to you on my very old computer that takes 3 times as long to do anything).

I was slightly annoyed in that I couldn’t do what I wanted when I wanted to do it. Instead of listening to the little voice that says things like, “See, now your whole day is going to be wasted”, or “Those darn kids…..”, I choose to use the little voice management technique I wrote about last week. I said “STOP” to my own thoughts and chose to focus on something different.

I chose to look at my situation as an unexpected gift. The gift was wrapped in my computer. It’s funny how gifts come in the most bewildering packages. Last Friday I unwrapped my unforeseen (but much needed) day of relaxation. I read a few books; I took a nap and watched some mindless TV. What a treat! I was refreshed and ready to take on the world the next day!

Here are 4 suggestions to help with the unexpected.


  1. Look for your unexpected gift in a challenge, problem or obstacle that comes into your life in the next couple days.

  2. Choose to embrace that gift as something you really needed.

  3. Enjoy it!

  4. Blog about your unexpected gift so others can benefit from your experience too. Click below to add YOUR experience.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home